skip to main content
placeholder for top bar
Sandy Cattarusa
Sandy Cattarusa, Enrollment Coordinator
Helen Burrows 925-552-5052 Department Secretary
Residency is based on where you live, not what property you own.  Purchase agreements/contracts are not acceptable as proof of residency.  Proof of residency is  required for app new to the district and when a family changes their address:
  • 2 - Proofs of legal residency (see below) and Picture ID of the parent/guardian for the student(s) being enrolled

Proof of Residency

Proof of residence is required at the time of enrollment and when a family changes their address.  Verification of one item from each category below is required*:
  • Current picture ID of parent/guardian:  Driver’s license, CA issued ID, passport, military ID, and
  • Current mortgage statement, escrow closing papers indicating sale has closed, grant deed, property tax bill, lease/rental agreement including property address, names of both parties, signatures of both parties and
  • Current PG&E or water bill with name and address listed (if you have a new home purchase or rental you may submit your PG&E or water bill within 45 days of completing the enrollment process).
*If you are living in a residence owned by another person, and you are not leasing from this person, you will need to provide the owner's verification of residency documents and both of you will need to complete the Non-Parent Verification of Residency form. You are still required to provide your photo I.D. for your verification of residency. In addition, if you do not already have your current address listed on your driver's license, you will be required to provide a document such as a car registration or auto insurance policy with your name and the current address. If you do not have either of these documents, please see our list of additional documents, below.
Additional documentation may be required for further verification.  Documentation may include but is not limited to:
  • Income tax records reflecting the child's district residency address
  • Court documents including custodial responsibilities
  • Billing statement
  • Vehicle registration
  • Payroll check stub with name and address
School assignment and/or classroom space will not be reserved until all required documentation has been submitted, reviewed and verified. Please scan your original documents and upload to your computer prior to beginning an online enrollment application or submitting an online address change. Documents should be scanned as individual files. Scanned documents should be in PDF format. The file name should be parent last name, date of upload, and type of document (Smith040620Deed.pdf, Smith040620ID, or Smith040620PGE). Please be sure that your uploaded document is not saved with a punctuation (i.e., comma, period, or other non-alpha-numeric character). If you are using your cell phone to scan your documents, and have a lease agreement or mortgage information that is more than one page, there are free apps that provide scanning multiple pages into one document. You can search your phone's app store to find these apps.